Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A NEW MAN IN MY LIFE!

A dream come true, the luckiest girl in the world, life is good.

 Any of these titles would apply.

All my life I have loved horses. As some of you know, I started riding lessons last fall. I had wanted to for so long and I finally felt I had the time to commit to my dream. I loved it! I started hunt seat or English riding and it was a so fun. Difficult but fun. The other side of the barn was full of Dressage horses and I would just stare at them. They are so beautiful. They are highly disciplined and spirited animals. Most are Friesians or Warmbloods, very large horses. 
Truly, they are athletes.

Finally I approached the trainer, Morgan, and asked if she thought I was ready to try dressage. She said I was and arranged for me to lease half of a Friesian named Bunny to start. Before I could Bunny developed an injury requiring her to be turned out for the summer. 

The rest is a whirlwind. Morgan got a call from an old friend who used to ride at the stables. He was moving to Arizona and could not afford to take his horse. Could Morgan find a good home for it? If she could he was willing to give the horse away. 

And that folks is how I came to be the proud owner of a beautiful black Oldenburg Warmblood named Benson. He is gorgeous, sweet, huge and rusty. 
In other words, perfect for me to learn on. 

I will let the pictures do the talking. 



Isn't he beautiful. His first day at the barn. He is a little nervous in his new surroundings.

 Getting his first bath. He was so good, letting me scrub him and condition his mane and tail.


Settling into his stall, enjoying his dinner.



 Dressed in his saddle and bridle, eyeing me. He is getting lots of apples and carrots to help feel more at home. He would follow my every move wondering if I was going to give him another treat!


 Camera shy!






He is a handful!


 Is someone getting me another carrot?


 I love his face.


I want to say thank you to my husband for his unquestioning support of my dream. It is a huge commitment and he never once wavered on Benson becoming part of our family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment