Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cheap and Chalky. Or how to make an old piece of furniture look great!

I am just starting to work with the popular chalk paint from Annie Sloan. It is amazing. You can paint right over any finish without cleaning or sanding first. The wax that you apply after painting is the real star of the show. It creates a hard finish and gives a silky smooth feel to the furniture. I will share my pieces when I am done but here are some great examples. Below is the link to her web site. It has tons of information. 


http://www.anniesloan.com/index.html











Many of these pieces are from tag sales or Goodwill style stores. Notice the different details on these pieces. Some edges sanded to let the natural wood show through, my personal favorite. Some have gold leaf added to the edges and some have a contrasting paint. All of them are beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment