Friday, February 10, 2012

BON APPETIT

My project for this month is painting the foyer and living room in my house. After much deliberation I did go back to that beautiful yellow I had before. And I love it! So now that I have made that decision, my mind goes forward to the next room. I am trying to decide what to do with the dining room. It is paneled halfway up so the top will be the only part with color. It also has lots of windows. 


I find myself pondering the idea of wallpaper. I love it, but if I ever want to go back to paint it is such a pain to deal with. Hmmmm.


Here are some lovely photos of dining rooms I love.


What do you think?


Too formal for me but I like the chandelier.


The colors in this room are so relaxing. The pale pink is gorgeous with the walls
 and the trim on the drapes really adds to the overall effect



 There is a lot going on in this room, but the blues work beautifully together. 

 The tablecloth and drapes are elegant but the fabric takes the formality down a notch.
Splendid!




 Small, intimate and very pretty!


                                                         I love these chairs!

 One of my favorites. The blue chairs just make me happy to look at! I love the chandelier and the half wallpapered walls.


 Very intense, but it works. The painted interior of the shelves is really pretty. The shell chandelier is quirky and I like it! The blue checks say French to me.


 Pale and lovely



 This deep brown makes this room feel warm and inviting.

No comments:

Post a Comment